Wayanad, the name derived from Vayal Nadu popularly means the land of paddy fields. Largely a retreat for the nature lovers, it is home to the oldest tribes. Land untread, untouched and unspoiled. Along with Ooty and Coorg, Wayanad is popular hill station weekend getaway for people of Bangalore and Mysore. Soochipara waterfalls, Meenmutty waterfalls, Banasura Sagar dam, Chembra peak, Edakkal caves, Lakkidi viewpoint, Pookote lake are few of the must visit places of Wayanad. Wayanad has a rich history and the hills of Wayanad have several shreds of evidence of the New Stone Age civilization.
- The driver will pick you from hotel/residence address in Mysore city limits at a time selected while booking.
- The drive to Wayanad is about 130 kilometres from Mysore and may take up to 4.5 hours.
- Upon arrival, you may visit the following suggested places, you may skip OR add a few of your own
- 8000 year old Edakkal Caves, these caves are said to be formed with the arrows fired by Lava and Kusha, the sons of Lord Sri Rama.
- Wayanad Heritage Museum, one of the best heritage museums in Kerala.
- Soochipara waterfalls, a beautiful waterfall of Wayanad, at its best just after the monsoon.
- Banasura Sagar dam is the largest earthen dam in India and the second largest in Asia.
- After the completion of your tour, you will be dropped back to your hotel/residence in Mysore city limits.
What is included in the tour
- All transportation using an air-conditioned private cab.
- Pickup and drop-off in Mysore city limits.
- Driver and fuel charges.
- Tour as per the itinerary.
- Newspaper and water bottle.
- 1-Day private cab tour from Mysore to Wayanad and back.
- Local sightseeing of Wayanad on your private cab, hassle-free.
- Explore the caves of Edakkal- which is believed to be of the Neolithic age.